Bla Blogs

Citadel - Cairo

Citadel - Cairo

Thursday, July 28, 2011

T-minus 3: The Prep-work or complete lack of..

In exactly one weekend, 3 debaucherous days, 72 senseless hours it will be Ramadan.What more can I possibly have to say that I did not say last year? Ramadan 2011 will be across continents - the difference between fasting summer time in rain-drenched Holland and hot and dry Cairo - currently withholding the logical daylight savings to make Ramadan that much easier. How will Ramadan affect the Arab Spring? How is the situation on the ground in terms of the most side-lined groups? How is my mother's kitchen doing? What possible tv-shows will be on this year to lull me to sleep? Basically enough to be getting on with for a month. For now, right now, its time to get a few things out of my system and get ready for the annual ride.

No comments: